onsdag 22 augusti 2007

Antidepressants and calming medicine...

I have a couple of colleagues that have been or are exhausted, and a couple that are partly sick-paid (what work-life is this????). Today before a meeting with students we sat there in groups chatting we teachers...

A female colleague had been eating antidepressants for four years and stopped wit them this summer... She wondered if she had done this too early. Another colleague, male, also said he is eating them since 2 months... He was sick-paid the last months this spring. The female colleagues mother is also eating antidepressants. And they discussed what sort they ate. Now my female colleague said she felt "dizzy" in her head, had problems to focus etc. I don't remember exactly...

I just dropped my cheek and thought a lot. Filled with a lot of emotions (I have had a tough period, over many years, but I have never eaten any antidepressants so far - thank God!!! From deep in my heart, and not self medicated with alcohol or something like that, maybe with other things as going up in things, being enormously engaged).

Another colleague is probably eating medicine to calm down!!! She is in upper middle age...

It's easier to prescribe a drug than doing anything else!!??? And probably also easier for the person in her/himself, for dealing with things, immediately and swiftly!!?? There is no space in life and circumstances to let things heal on the time that it actually would have taken (but in the long run - what then??)

And how many aren't self-medicating, with for instance alcohol, and maybe both alcohol and food??

What sort of lives are we living?? For what purpose??

I have started to write another blogpost - longer, triggered by this and that...

PS. A picture on a cute dog I met today. It's a he, and he is only 4, 5 months!!

Inga kommentarer: