torsdag 25 oktober 2007

Soon vacation...

Soon vacation... But first two days with my coworkers on two studying-days in the north of this county. The bus goes early tomorrow (07.40 AM) - phew!! I will take my baggage and walk 15 minutes to the bus so I get some fresh air and some exercise before I enter the bus! :-) I guess I will be very tired tomorrow evening...

I have returned from a "session" on 2, 5 hours with six girls in the age round 12 years in our piano-studio, where there is four digital-pianos and an acoustic piano. The girls are class-mates, so... hmmm... There was a lot of talk and laughing... Phew!!

We started with improvising on black and white keys... It was so exciting for them so they didn't listen to each others especially much!!! I doubt they heard me at all. But I asked them to play one by one and suddenly they started to listen to what they did and what I did!!

And then we made a Swedish schlager "Håll om mig" ("Hold me"), with chords (only three) and a bass-part (a rhythm on the ground-notes), and the melody (only six tones). It stands about it on Wikipedia I saw!! And "Larger Than Life" a Backstreet Boys piece. This song with four chords... But with a more tricky rhythm and more tricky changes of chords (at least for these not so concentrated girls! :-)).

They chatted and laughed so much that we didn't manage more than to start with the second piece...

At 06.00 PM parents, a sibling and some grandparents came to hear what we had done and as the room is so small they had to stand at the walls, but the program was fairly short so I think that was ok!? We started and finished with the ensemble-pieces and between these two pieces the girls played a solo-piece each.

And - suddenly they all focused on what they should do!! And it sounded quite ok and things held together!!!

But actually, this isn't my music... I am more a classical musician...

Soon bedtime here. A lot I want to write about... Am going to take at least one book with me tomorrow, and hopefully I get some time at the room alone for relaxation and reading...

Inga kommentarer: