fredag 18 maj 2007

Elk-cow with two kids...


On my walk today I saw an elk-cow who had two kids… Eskil, the dog, tried to chase them…
I tried to take a photo, but my cell-phone is too slow and the elks too fast on their long legs…

In these woods there are brown bears, and has been a bear with kids. But our European bears are of a smaller sort than the ones on the American continent?
And those bears here also come near the houses…

And there are also roe-deers and lynxes in the woods here… Sounds very wild?
The elks had disappeared though on the picture unfortunately!! So there’s no proof they really existed!! :)
Two parks with wild animals which I have visited whcih have two different characters are Järvzoo (the site is unfortunately not in English, but there are pictures you can watch and get an idea of what this park is) and Kolmården.
There are two English words of today :) "roe-deer" which is rådjur in Swedish and "reindeer" which is ren in Swedish.

Inga kommentarer: