söndag 9 december 2007

From a Christmas-market...






























From a Christmas-market near an old copper-mine... The stand-in for the he-goat (??) Kåre, who found this mine 1000 years ago, on the last photo!?? :-) The red horns were the sign he had found the mine.

See the Swedish author Selma Lageröf on "bocken Kåre" (I had forgotten that this story was told in the book "The Wonderful Adventures of Nils" or "Nils Holgerssons underbara resa genom Sverige" or maybe I have never even read this particular part of the book, but I have heard the story in other forms earlier?

This book is very thick). Also see from Web atlas over Sweden.

And the horse is the North Swedish horse (nordsvensk in Swedish) I think (also watch this site). We have a pony too here in Sweden! The Gotland pony or gotlandsruss in Swedish! I was a horse-girl once! And we (me and my siblings) had a gotlandsruss called King, a he! He was fairly naughty! :-)

Inga kommentarer: